In a message dated 5/4/02 8:10:08 PM W. Australia Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Kathy, the reference for the research Mary refers to above is:

'Opiate addiction in adult offspring through possible imprinting after obstetric treatment'
Jacobson, Nyberg, Gronbladh, Eklund, Bygdeman and Rydberg (1990); BMJ Vol 301 pp 1067-1070. (BMJ 1990:301:1067-70)

I may be totally wrong about this,  but is this the study that links pethidine in labour with later opiate amongst adults?  I know there is a Swedish study which postulates this link, but can't find my notes on this.  I didn't realise that it also llinks entenox with amphetamine addiction.

Debbie Slater
CBE
Perth, WA