In a message dated 9/13/02 5:25:15 AM W. Australia Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

They were told that no scarring would occur (being newborn skin) but I personally know a guy who's 30 with a big forceps scar on his temple!

Interestingly, my son - who had chest drains inserted in utero - still has the scars on his chest where they were inserted (3 in total), 8 years later.  I was told that they would disappear, but they never had.  Something to show his girlfriends in later life I suppose :-)

Debbie Slater
Perth, WA