Title: FW: [ozmidwifery] A follow thru journey.....when Sally met Harry....(Long)
Tina - tonite I read your story as you wrote it, to our "Birthtalk- Sharing, Empowering, Celebrating Birth" group.  It was heard by a group of 8 women.
(6 have suffered traumatic c/sec births and 4 are pg)  It was such an amazing story, and I was a bit weepy myself as it neared the end and struggled to keep my voice steady...and your story had such an effect on us as a group.  We were all wiping our eyes, and it gave us such strength, to hear what can happen when women support women.  It lead into a very passionate recounting by one mum of her own vbac homebirth and how she received support such as you offered.  And this then started a discussion on how it feels to give birth (most of these women have never experienced that), and how she coped with having her 3yo and her mum around, and how we have all coped with our mothers when in labour, and then we went into what we can learn from our mother's birth experiences, and how our relationship with our mother can develop as we share our stories of birth.  So we heard two very positive stories that renewed our belief in ourselves and our ability to birth, and has sprouted a whole new series of Qs and issues that confront women facing birth again after a traumatic experience.

So thank you.  All the women thanked me at the end for sharing the story, so I must thank you...and the women whose story it is ("Sally").

These stories will change how we birth.

Melissa