From: Frank Jockel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] birthing in dam water

I have to cry...  when I get replies that state. "
Giving birth is hard labour and hard labour in any way is not without pain.
Indeed pain tells you something and the woman has to be able to listen to
those signals without someone telling her what to do."
It just makes me weep....such closed mindedness.. BIRTH AND BIRTHING DO NOT
HAVE TO HURT !
And for the record I acknowledge that water births feel good and help the
mum to feel better, adjust her position etc.. every one to their own.

The mums I work with, don't feel pain, physically or emotionally, don't
stress and have joyous relaxed and easy births.. the way it should be.  No
intervention from medical staff, bright alert happy babies and once again NO
PAIN.
It's a pity the majority of women have think of strategies to deal with pain
and discomfort when there doesn't have to be any at all.
And as a final note...whatever the mum wants do do is fine...it's her
birthing experience, not mine.
Cheers
Frank