My third son was fully breastfed at 13+ months, he just refused to eat. I think his first food was sucking a lamb chop bone, now at 21 months he eats a range of foods including breastmilk. The best thing was I didn't have to prepare baby food, and he did his jaw excercises (development stuff) munching on a toy or something. I was able to go by my own instincts on what he ate,with the first two boys I listened to others and their expert opinions, but like minded friends are a good source of information. I did know someone who introduced solids working on a philosophy about the first food being from highest off the ground and ending up with that which grows closest, such as grains etc, but don't know much more than that.
If she has gone this long without too much worry then she is probably doing really well

Megan

 -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 1 September 2003 10:50
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] solids for 11mth old

a mother who is fully b/f her baby on demand at 11 months is asking me why her daughter has to have food? I chatted about fe oral experiences teeth social and food experiences.
the mother would like a ref for introducing solids that are organic and wheat and diary free any good info or web sites etc jan