This is a great story and a great outcome. I am just surprised that the hospital was prepared to wait another 27 hours and "allow" her to give birth naturally. I would have expected them to be pushing for a caesar long before that, as is the norm these days. I'd be interested to know if it was a battle or were they supportive.

Helen Cahill

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] breech baby wisdom

Hi Lynne,
she had the ECV, which bubs took to kindly and remained head down. She went into spontaneous labour, after 24+ hard working hours at home they transferred to hospital for a rest and epidural. Another 27 hours later she birthed vaginally her strong, healthy 4.5 kg daughter. A mammoth effort, for which she is extremely proud of and rightly so.

thanks for asking,
Megan.