Nice slow stretching as the head descends. Good nutrition
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Päivi Laukkanen
Sent: Wednesday, 17 May 2006 7:37 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] perineal massage

Hi everyone,

In my store we sell an organic oil by Weleda for perineal massage. (  almond oil, wheat germ oil, natural essential oils.) Many women seem to think, that if they simply apply this oil, it will prevent tears. I am planning to add some info on perineal massage on our website and also prepare a handout to give with the oil. I would appreciate any good links on this subject and answers to these questions:

What do you consider the main factors, when preventing tears and episiotomies? (other than perineal massage)

Where can I find research on this subject or effectiveness of perineal massage?

Päivi