Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] ctg stuff
My point here was that this woman DID have this explained very carefully by a patient ob who did not want to induce her, and still she wanted it done.  And we see so often those who come in time and time again trying very hard to get induced - some women will resort to all kinds of subterfuge, truly, and I have no idea why they are so keen to put themselves through the induction process, but they just want the pregnancy OVER.   Sad
Sue

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 4:24 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] ctg stuff

From: Susan Cudlipp
"The reply was 'I DONT CARE- I WANT TO BE INDUCED' How can the ob refuse in this instance?"

In my experience, many women don't understand that being induced can result in a very different birthing experience for themselves and their babies. Perhaps rather than simply being told yes or no, a woman would change her mind about wanting to be induced (or the way she is induced) if she had all the facts.

I also think "due dates" (particularly the dates calculated at early ultrasounds) can have a hugely negative psychological effect on a woman's willingness to wait for labour to start spontaneously.

From: Justine Canes
"It is not until we have a full complement of choice from homebirth to elec c/s can we say that women are really making a choice. "

And that women are fully informed when making those choices.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.