I can have a look at work this afternoon if it's not too chaotic.
See what I come up with.

Jo

On 19/10/2006, at 10:06 PM, Mary Murphy wrote:

"Has something significant changed in the last 12 years then Mary?"

Lisa, the usual "window", especially when technology and machines is concerned is 5 yrs. Sometimes older research is used when there are multiple research papers over a long period of time, like in newborn jaundice.

"What you could do Mary is ask them what research they are using to back up the use of cord gases and see how long ago that was produced".

I have never collected a cord sample for "gasses" as I only practice in homebirth.  I guess we could look up the protocols for taking the cord blood and see what the references.  Could someone who works in a hospital do that for us please? MM