What you could do Mary is ask them what research they are using to back up the use of cord gases and see how long ago that was produced.
Lisa Barrett
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Murphy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:23 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] cord blood gases

One problem with this research is the date. 1994. I am sure that it would
not be viewed as valid for the battle we have with those in favour. Has
anyone got anything really recent with sufficient power to be convincing? MM

Thanks Lisa will start wading in the next few days.  All these comments on
the cord gases show we have a lot of knowledge, ideas and principles but we
need to get organized and work together to implement sensible ideas
practices and not all work on our own and not achieving anything.

Christine

blood gases

Chritine, I think you'll find if you read the piece on the taking of gases
has all the information in it. Including the fact that they think a larger
study should be done as aciodois of 7.05 has no long term effects.  It is
worth wading through the whole thing.

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~jmg/papers/brjog-94.pdf

Lisa Barrett
.