So many women DON'T believe they can birth well. They are so
afraid of the pain and afraid of something going wrong. Then is
becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and they are then so thankful
they had the obstetrician. I, also, am so frustrated at the
choices sometimes but it will take a huge shift in birthing
culture to change that. It is like eating the proverbial
elephant, one bite at a time, converting one family at a time.
We need some more high profile homebirthers like Elle McPherson
who would be prepared to tell about it in the popular press.
This may help some but not all.
Cheers
Judy