I also notice in this updated article it mentions, to use path based site
collection, with alternate access mappings for your different URLs, so if
renamesite does not work this may be a option

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288637%28v=office.14%29.aspx

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Web Admin
Sent: Tuesday, 28 August 2012 10:47 AM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Re: Rename URL for host header site collection

Yes, that's precisely what I'm after.

Using Get-Member against a given site I can see the various properties I need
to change but I'm not entirely sure this is everything. As Ishai states, I'm
sure some values live at the WebApp level.

This page for MOSS 2007 -
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288637%28v=office.12%29.aspx -
states that:

"...to change the URL of a host-named site collection after it has been
created, use the following command:"

stsadm.exe -o renamesite

However I can find nothing for SP2010. :\

On 28 August 2012 11:01, Matt Menezes