Hey David,

Re: NAT penetration, check out Google's libjingle
http://code.google.com/apis/talk/libjingle/index.html. AFAIK Gtalk
uses this library for voice chat and file transfer. It supports
ICE/STUN and uses XMPP rather than SIP as signaling mechanism. One
thing I like libjingle is that it has a built-in pseudo TCP layer, a
lifesaver if you want reliable transfer over ICE.

Cheers,
Weihan

Weihan
http://aerofs.com