I came across pwnat's home page a while ago. From what I saw one
drawback of pwnat is the client has to know the server's public
address. So to support dynamic networks (which is almost a requirement
for real-world p2p networking), it still needs a server to bootstrap
connection and to notify server address changes. Do correct me if I'm
wrong.

Weihan

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Valerio Schiavoni
<valerio.schiav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM, David Barrett <dbarr...@quinthar.com> wrote:
>
>> As for the core networking layer, I'd suggest putting a lot of thought
>> into your NAT penetration strategy up front.  It's at least as hard a
>> problem as the DHT itself, and it has huge ramifications on the protocol
>> design.  Does anybody know if there are any good libraries for this yet?
>>  I know the P2P-SIP guys have been talking about this for *years* now
>> with ICE -- has anything come to fruition yet?
>
> Published this year at P2P'10: http://grothoff.org/christian/pwnat.pdf

Weihan
http://aerofs.com