> Is the real question:
>
> How could one monetize an organization that builds and promotes a p2p
> filesystem?

No, it can never be the right question, not for my monetization.

The right question is driven by an application, not a tool. Or, even better, a
real need from real users, which combined itch might be served by an
application.

(OP might have had an app in mind...)

E.g., how do we provide a reliable backup? How do we share our songs w/out
unpleasant liabilities? How do we improve work practices across several
offices? How can I and my girlfriend watch Casablanca together when we're 2
continents apart? Etc, etc.

To which the answer *might* include a p2p filesystem, or might not.

Iang