On 05/03/12 15:56, danimoth wrote:
 From theoretical point of view, my convinction is that BitCoin is a
N.E.,

On 2012-03-06 7:58 AM, Michael Rogers wrote:
Hi,

Could you explain what "BitCoin is a Nash equilibrium" means? I know
what BitCoin is, and what a Nash equilibrium is, so I guess the part I
don't understand is "is". ;-)

What it means is that if a bunch of other people think that bitcoin is money, then it is rational for me to think that bitcoin is money.

And the relevance to tahoe is that tahoe cannot scale, because it lacks an accounting system, and thus succumbs to freeloaders, hence, not a Nash Equilibrium.