I'm not sure what the right approach is for this, or how much of this
PacketFence can do. I'm not planning on using PF as a captive portal,
I just want to use it for the self-service device registration page
for MAB on wired and wireless connections. Ideally what I wanted was a
system where our faculty or students could sign in to the portal and
register their devices and select from a couple of different roles for
each device. I can authenticate the accounts via AD or LDAP just fine,
and I can assign roles to the users based on LDAP attributes. If I
don't specify a list of roles for the Self-Service Portal, it'll
assign the student/faculty role to the device when it's registered,
but if I put in a list of roles they can choose from, then *all* users
can choose from any of those, regardless of the user's role.

So what I want is for students to sign into the Portal and get the
option of registering their devices in role A or role B, while faculty
signing in get to choose between roles C or D. But right now if I
leave the list blank, neither of them gets to choose a role for their
devices, and if I put the list of these in, they can all chose from A,
B, C, or D.

I'd be fine with having two separate portal pages for the two groups,
but I don't see an obvious way of doing that. I've read through all
the documentation, but it didn't seem to cover these cases.

Does anybody know the answer? Thanks.