From: Roger Stringer [mailto:strin...@rf-tp.com]
Sent: 08 February 2009 15:19
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: forum heart beat check

 From a developer's point of view, Palm OS is no longer terribly
important and Access (aka PalmSource) don't appear to have a
follow-up product on any shipping devices.
Consequently this forum has become very quiet!  All very predictable,
though a little sad.

I've already moved on to newer and better things, though I'll
continue to monitor this forum for a while.
Hopefully Palm will shortly create a WebOS forum that most of us can meet
on.

I suspect those opting to focus more on MS will find they've jumped
out of the frying pan and into the fire, sorry!   That looks like an
OS that has seen its best days.   And Nokia remains irrelevant in
North America.

So your options going forward are Android, WebOS and iPhone (with RIM
in there as well), which appear to have very different development
languages, though all three interestingly are Linux/Unix-based.

Enjoy!

Roger Stringer

At 03:15 AM 2/8/2009, you wrote:
>Subject: Re: forum heart beat check
>From: Christopher Stamper <christopherstam...@gmail.com>
>Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:58:58 -0500
>
>On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Tam Hanna <ta...@gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > weird...I wanted to send sth similar out a few days ago.
> >
> > Was a nice time with all of you... . Hope to see some of you again in
the
> > future on MSDN or Forum Nokia ;).
> >

>Some of you may be waiting for the WebOS sdk...
>
>But I just switched to an iPod Touch; and may do some developing for
iPhone.
>So I won't be around here much, anymore.
>
>Yeah, you could prob find me at MSDN. :-(
>
>Palm OS's demise is sad, but far overdue.

Roger Stringer
Marietta Systems, Inc. (www.rf-tp.com)