Hi

I am new to this Palm OS programming and am working through databases.  My
question is I have an example where the contents of a database record is
read into a string.  The database record contains

date, time, firstname, lastname

The part I am fuzzy on is

// append the first name to the character string
StrCat(listChoice, precord + DB_FIRST_NAME_START);
StrCat(listChoice, " ");

What I make of this is that listChoice is getting appended to it the
contents of the record starting at offset of

precord + DB_FIRST_NAME_START

But how does it know when to stop adding characters to listChoice?

precord + DB_FIRST_NAME_START

Points to the start of the field for First Name.

Is there a NULL character between the fields in the record?

Thanks in advance
Dean-O