Hi all,
   I am quite new to palm development and I was wondering if anyone
could help me with a question or two.

  First thing is a question about databases.

Let's say that I have a program that, when activated, would choose one
record(a string, for instance), at random, to display on a form.
Assuming that the database starts with a given number of strings and
that it might eventually be an option for the user to add more later,
how do I create the database?  Do I need a seperate pdb file?  is it
information that I can store in the code or what?  If I have a
seperate pdb file, do I need to write a conduit for it?

Second thing is, can anyone recomend a book that covers basic palm
programing?  I have the O'Rielly book, but the only thing it said
was(and this is a paraphrase :>) "each IDE creates a pdb differently
so you should consult the documentation that came with your IDE."

I am currently using the Falch IDE on Win98SE.  It's nice, even if it
does crash too much (the IDE, not windoze)!

I have checked Falch's site, the palm developers' site and a few
others, but either I'm looking for the wrong thing, or it's well
hidden.  Of course, there is always the possibility that, since I
don't have a good handle on this, I might have seen the info and not
understood it.... :)

Thanks for any help.

=====
-Cynon-

"A contract without a sword is only a piece of paper"