Thanks!

I found that US law strange if not silly.  How DES (or others encryption
method) works is public knowledge and I bet anyone in the world who wants to
use it can use it, leagally or not.  Why bother prohibiting export?

But anyway... is Japan made Palm device such as the ones made by Sony sold
officially in US considered a "US device"?

Max