From: Martin Elzen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 10:15 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: best way to debug a 'changed emulated program counter' ?

Hi all.

For the last couple of days I've been working on getting one of our more
important apps to work on the POSE with a debug ROM.  After fixing up some
obvious (and relatively easy to correct) problems, I've now seen the POSE
give an error as follows:

MedEurope (7.24) just changed the emulated program counter to 0xFEFE0000.
This address is invalid because it's in neither ROM nor RAM.

Looking it up in the archives gives me the info that somewhere the program
counter is being corrupted, and that it's most likely due to writing past
the end of a buffer or something similar.  So...  I was wondering, what's
the quickest way to debug this?  Should I increase the size of half of the
arrays used by that form, and see if that appears to help out, and kind of
do a binary search that way to see which array's getting whocked?  Or should
I just step thru all of the functions that are called during the
event-habdling of that form?

Sincerely,
Martin

The information in this transmittal and any attachments is privileged and confidential
and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. You are hereby notified that
any unauthorized distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify Invivodata
immediately at (831) 438-9550.