Joe Malone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Small clarification: *local* array.  The "changed emulated program
> counter" error can be caused by writing beyond the end of a local array
> (which is stored on the stack) thereby messing up the return address
> (because the address to return to gets pushed on the stack before the
> function is called).

Joe,
thanks very much!  I was thinking that something was going wrong with an
access to one of the
statically-allocated-but-technically-speaking-still-global arrays in the .c
file.  If I'd read Ben's explanation exactly, I'd have seen the 'thinko' I
was making, but I didn't.  Now I know I only need to look at arrays and
pointers that are used *within* each of the functions in that particular .c
file, I think I have a much better chance to find where things are going
south.  Now I just have to wait until all of the
higher-priority-than-that-project get done before tackling that particular
problem.  Once again, thanks very much!

Sincerely,
Martin