> I'm currently porting ScummVM to palmos
> and some games need lots of memory to work
> (not really lot but more than the dynamic heap)
> I don't want to change all the code accessing memory
> pointers to DmNewHandle/DmWrite but it seems this
> is not possible because storage heap is write protected.

you *could* avoid the DmWrite procedure using MemSemaphoreReserve
and MemSemaphoreRelease API's - but, they stop working on OS5+
however, on these devices, there are more memory.

be very careful using these API's i am sure someone at palm is
cringing in their seats for me even mentioning them here :) mis-use
of these API's (ie: wild pointers) can render a device useless.

DmWrite isn't that slow - the slowness is with all the checks to
make sure you dont write to memory your not supposed to. if you
are 100% in control of your pointers, you can avoid this API. use
with caution tho :)

---
Aaron Ardiri                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CEO - CTO                                              +46 70 656 1143
Mobile Wizardry                         http://www.mobilewizardry.com/