-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bill
Heidler
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 6:38 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Serial comm problem in Sony Clie (PEG-SL10).

I am building an app which uses the serial port to interface to a simple,
non-powered device
which outputs pulses at a low frequency (less than 20Hz).  On the Palm Vx
and m100 that I
have done my initial development on, it works to use a serial cable which
uses only the RTS
and RXD pins.  It also works to attach these two inputs to the Palm serial
HotSync cables.

Last week, I started some "compatibility testing" and bought a Visor Deluxe
and a Clie SJ20, as
well as serial HotSync cables for each.  I can't get either of them to input
the serial pulses (using
the inputs attached to the HotSync cables), even though the serial HotSync
works for both.

After researching the Visor, I can see that I need to supply power, and am
trying to find a new cable
that will do that.

Do I need to do the same thing for the Clie?

On the surface, my experience contradicts Dave's statement, since I can do
the serial
HotSync.

As always, thank you for any assistance.

Bill Heidler
< [EMAIL PROTECTED] >