>Hi All...
>
>Just new to the PDA programming and looking to add PDA integration to some
>of our products, so I have a few questions that I was hoping to get real
>developer feedback from:
>
>1.  I seem to like the PalmOS tools much better than the WinCE.Net stuff....
>Any comments comparing both the developement and the user aspects would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>2.  I have looked as CASLSoft for developing... Any comments or alternates?
>
>Probably the first of many questions, so thank you all in advance,

I'll stay away from the religious wars. One way or the other, most
applications can be done on either platform with reasonable success.

One thing to look out for: think of the future, not just current devices.
Both Windows CE and Palm OS will be making major changes to their
architectures in the coming year or two. If you choose your dev tools
carefully, they will insulate you from a lot of the hassles that will be
caused.

We've been doing a lot of work on this here. User's applications written
in NS Basic will be able to run without change in Cobalt, Windows CE 5.0
or whatever finally comes out.

There are well known and widely used dev tools (among them eMbedded
Visual Basic and CodeWarrior) that will not make the jump.

George Henne
NS BASIC Corporation