Christian,

Sorry I've been meaning to write up a quick  script for you. For
starters take a look at:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Python_Programmable_Filter
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Python_recipes

Here's the algorithm:
* Create a new vtkDoubleArray (or another vtkDataArray subclass) with
2 components and number of tuples = number of points.
* Get access the to two input arrays you want to use an texture coordinates.
* Iterate over each value in the two array and insert them as the two
components in the new array
* Set the new array as the TCoords in the output's point data.

Utkarsh

>>> http://www.iccas.de/?id=430