As far as an antenna I use a Decade gp-32 dipole which I have mounted on the
back wall of my den.  It's meant to be used either indoors or outside but since
I live in a condo I either use that or have on occasion used my fm
Channelmaster rotor  antenna mounted in the attic   if I am interested in
beaming my signal to some place in particular.  Fm directional antennas make
good transmitting as well as receiving antennas if you're interested in getting
a lot of signal in one direction.