I use Winamp full time for just about everything except buy music or manage my iDevices, which I use iTunes for. I say this as Winamp can apparently manage your iPod in a limited way, but choose to use iTunes for that and Winamp for others. I know you didn't want anything to rip or burn, but I will pass the below on anyway. The free version of Winamp allows you to rip at a maximum of 8x in the M4A, or iTunes, format. I'm happy with this personally as M4a is the best compared to MP3 in terms of audio quality (excellent) and file size (smaller than even MP3). You can burn with the free version of Winamp as well but I think you are limited to 2x. Anyway back to the point. Winamp is fully accessible providing you use the classic not the bundled modern skin that it comes with. It works with all screen readers, with or without scripts or sets or whatever. I've been using Winamp since 2001, yes 2001, when I was on Windows ME and Winamp was 2.7x, something silly like that. I use 5.622 and it is still as accessible as the early days. There was one unsuccessful version of Winamp, Winamp 3, which was an absolute disaster in terms of accessibility, and almost turned to another player until I tried version 5.0x. Just some thoughts.