Hello isn't that out datated? or did they improve on it?
last I checked you couldn't listen to aac plus feeds and certain stuff with that has this changed?
Hank
On 12/3/2011 10:20 AM, Dane trethowan wrote:
that's not quite true, there are different quality decoders out there for MP3 files for example, the Mad plug-in for Winamp is one of the nicest I've heard. There are others.

On 3/12/2011 10:22 AM, Dave Scrimenti wrote:
You're not going to hear any difference in sound quality from player to player. The only ways to improve sound quality are to use uncompressed files, or a better audio card. Winamp and Foobar 2000 are both very accessible.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter" <w...@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 6:17 PM
Subject: Winamp Versus wmp Versus VLC Versus....

Hi all. I'm toying with the idea of experimenting with various media
players. Unfortunately not all are worth the trouble and still others are
not accessible with JAWS. At this time I use both VLC witch does a good
enough job and WMP which is fine but rather restrictive. I'm referring here
to playback and neither ripping nor burning as I use Nero express for
burning, and now and then Express burn. For ripping I use CDEX which I
like. I used to use Reel player but when I got my PC reformatted I never
did reinstall it. My question is how does Winamp compare with the other
media players I've mentioned? I have never observed this player being used nor of course tried it. Is it accessible with JAWS 12 and or do you need scripts to access it's functions? How is the playback quality and response
time. Sometimes the latest version isn't the best version so in your
opinion, what version is the most successful? Finally, what other players would you recommend, free or otherwise. The important thing is ease of use, it is of little use if the sound quality is the best in the world but if you can't use it with a screen reader then it is a waste of time. All comments
will be welcome and read. Walter.

website:
http://fivedollarfreedomplan.com/throwawaymoneylcphs5.html
personal email:
hanksm...@hanksmith.net
facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/hanksmith5
Klango:
hanksmith
Skype:
hank.smith966
Amateur radio call sign:
ke7ief
check out my Youtube video of a song I recorded in Nashville Tennessee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqut5Bi3e7A
also you can find my youtube channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/hanksmith2011