It may be a big winner here and I will certainly pay the $18 for the program.

I also like groove mechanic but it deeds to be more configurable in some cases to do the job and well he hasn't updated it in years unfortunately.

Don

On 4/11/2012 1:49 PM, Tim Cumings wrote:
don for pop/click removal i'd recommend depopper. For hiss removal i'd
recommend groove mech
anic.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Breda" <dbr...@nyc.rr.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:02 PM
Subject: Noise reduction software recommendations please:

I have two up coming projects to work on.

One involves removing tape hiss and the other involves removing noise
from vinyl records.

If I take gold wave and sound fordge out of the picture which I must
do, what other stand alone programs can I use to accomplish these tasks.

I will consider gold wave only if there are some good plugins to
accomplish my tasks cause I don't like gold waves built in noise
reduction.

I also don't like how gold wave handles previewing and some of the
buggs there in.

Having said all that recommendations please or have I effectively
nailed my coffin shut.

Thanks.

Don