Will the ls14 or any other reasonably priced accessible recorder let
you append to an existing recording? My understanding is that a new
file is started, for example, with the dm620, if you pause and start up
again. I know you could do stuff with audio editing software. But I'm
not interested in that. I want to do what you use to be able to do with
a cassette recorder, i.e. hit the pause button while making a
recording, and hit it again or hit a different key to start up the
recording and have both pieces end up in one file.

Mary