The LS-7 is a bit clearer sounding though and it has a better stereo spread.
Nogt by much, but you can hear it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Nick
Giannak
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 8:03 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: LS7 OR LS100?

None of these are marketed as dictation recorders. The DM520 is, and the
LS7 sounds almost identical to it, thus I call it a glorified dictation
recorder. In effect, I am saying, ehre and now, that for professional field
recordings, especially with anything like higher output mics, the
LS7 is a failure.