Indeed Glenn, that's exactly what I had to do (well, I booted from the
network to get a shell, but same difference).

And that's also why I am now trying to ensure that all my Solaris 10 servers
reboot immediately after any kernel patch. Yes it slows things down if a
server is multiple revs behind but I think this is a good trade-off.
Besides, our jumpstart environment is now installing Update 6 on new
systems, and as you all know, this comes with kernel version 137137-09
already so this patch modification really only adds complexity for much
older installs.

Speaking of Live Upgrade, I was reading an article this morning where PCA is
once again mentioned as a good tool to do the analysis phase of a patch
installation using this method. I don't think the author is completely
familliar with the tool (otherwise he would probably talk more about how it
kicks the crap out of all the others he mentions) but it's always nice to
see it get mentioned alongside all the other "official" solutions.

http://blogs.sun.com/bobn/entry/dr_live_upgrade_or_how

Fred

--
Fred Chagnon