> Hi,
>
> Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> I don't like stating truisms, however if you look outside and see that
>> water is falling from the sky, this is because it is raining. If you see
>> that you can not get patches for free anymore for Solaris 8 or 9 or 10
>> then that is because you can not get patches for them anymore. At least
>> not freely.
>
> Just like stated in the subject of the thread, both the original poster
> and me *do* have a contract we pay for. It's not that we want something
> for free, just what already gets paid for.

whoa.

Do you have a support contract for Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 also ?

I only have Solaris 10 covered on my servers here and those all work as
expected but the Sol 8 and 9 patches fell of the availability list some
time ago. If you hold a legacy support contract ( very large dollars by
the way ) then by all means something is very wrong. Unless the access and
delivery interfaces for those services are different.

--
Dennis Clarke
dcla...@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris