Martin,

Thanks for your input!
I can understand the fact that 123839-01 is superseeded by 126897-02,
and so it got removed from the generated xref when 126897 has been
added. Causing PCA to have trouble resolving deps, as the patch
125503 is only mentionning 123839.

So, from that point, I think that I can forget to remove patches being
obsoleted by other PATCH_IDS (like if 111111 was obsoleted by 222222,
we don't cause trouble by including both inside patchdiag.xref, right ?
as PCA only got trouble when two patches with the same revision are
present).

This will increase again a little bit the size of the patchdiag.xref,
but will help PCA to find everything it needs.

On another side, couldn't we add an option to PCA to allow obsoleted
patches to be used ? I mean, a lot of patches from the 10 Recommended
patch cluster are already obsoleted, so it's not a problem having
obsoleted patches being used if they are the only alternative present
inside the patchdiag.xref, itsn't it ?

Giving the patchdiag.xref informations that _were_ present while this
patch was active inside the xref would be possible, though it require
again me storing more information inside the database, which already
weight more than 8Gb of datas :) So it's the last option for me ;)

Regards,

Thomas

--
Thomas Gouverneur