Hi,

Thanks for this relatively simple document. I suspect it provides a function
that will be useful.

I do have some thoughts, however.

The Abstract says “This document describes a generic mechanism” but the
document actually seems to have nothing generic in it and requires a new TLV
for each new identifier space. I wondered if you might make it more generic by
having a single TLV that includes:
-          Identifier type (e.g., MPLS label, SRv6 SID, …)
-          Identifier-type-specific data (64 bits can be unused or could
contain the SRv6 SID structure)
o   Alternatively, Identifier-type-specific data length + variable
Identifier-type-specific data.
-          Range information
o   Format depends on the Identifier type
But, perhaps the point is that the PCC might want to report more than one
identifier space in the same Open Message?

I did also start to worry about the size of this TLV. It could get pretty ugly
in the (unlikely?) case that the PCC says all odd numbers are available, but
all even numbers are unavailable.
This sent me to RFC 3473 and the Label Set object for GMPLS. We might have a
look to see if there is anything to learn (especially about the options for
include/exclude).

Anyway, these are technical details. They can be fixed in WG discussion.

Cheers,

Adrian