> some version of 7.6.1 was not made to work with 7x00 series

I have installed 7.6.1 on the machine from the same CD and it has worked
perfectly. So it is definitely not this version, unless it sometimes
installs correctly and other times not.

> did you keep all your files on the same partition/drive that you installed
on !?

Yes I did, I didn't and still don't see much point in partitioning a 1.1GB
Hard Drive. Needless to say, I didn't expect there to be this problem. I
have abused this hard drive fairly extensively, that is to say I have
installed system over system with no effort to remove the previous ones two
or three times over and it has remained rock solid. My recent OS history of
the computer is 8.6 -> 9.1 -> 7.6.1 -> 9.1 -> 7.5.5 -> 7.6.1 -> CRASH. If
you are wondering the reason I went 9.1 -> 7.6.1 -> 9.1, I tried to get a
USB Card to work then gave up, then found some new information and tried
again.

> diskwarrior or nortons unerase

Good News though, a quick check of the Software Shelves and I discovered
that I have a copy of Norton Utilities for PowerMac, which includes Disk
Doctor and Unerase. I might read through the manual, but if I didn't have it
on separate partitions does that mean I am stuffed.

Thank you for the help so far,
Ben Pazolli

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal