On Aug 27, 2009, at 8:39 PM, András Murányi wrote:

2009/8/28 Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>

On Aug 27, 2009, at 7:33 PM, András Murányi wrote:

Hello,

i've attached an updated hu.po file.
Translating brought up some questions for me btw:
- What is 'use callbacks'? sorry i dont have an idea could someone explain please?

That's for interfacing with the audio API, use callbacks instead of polling. Its a pretty low level technical thing.

Huh. ;o)
- Another one i'm not sure i understand: 'ERROR: %s failed to find font size (%s) that fits into %sx%s!'

The object/message boxes have a fixed size. This code measures the font to fit into the existing box sizes. If it can't find one, then it gives this error. It should really be a warning, since things will still work ok. Basically it would read like this:

ERROR: FreeMono failed to find font size (12) that fits into 7x15
Freemono is the font name
12 is pd's font size
7x15 is size of a character box in pixels.

Alrite, i understand the scenario, but i don't fully understand the quoted sentence. Perhaps i also don't understand how the code works. First do we wish to imply for any reason that the *font is the one* who tried to find a font size? Then what is actually finding a font size? I understand that we have a given font but then we measure what and try to find what?
Please, i'm still in the maze ;o)

I guess it should read something more like:

WARNING: failed to find font size for %s that fits into %sx%s (%s)!
WARNING: failed to find font size for FreeMono that fits into 7x15 (12)

- what's the ultimate rationale behind having both Number and Number2 in the menu...?

Number is the simple one, Number2 has more config options and is part of the IEM GUI collection.

So for me to understand, we have them both because we don't have Number2 by default with Vanilla, did i understand right?

They are both in Vanilla. Some people like Number, some people like Number2... I think that's the only reason why they are both there.

.hc

Please submit it to the patch tracker so we can keep track of what need doing :)

I will :)

--
Muranyi Andras