On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:04 PM, João Pais wrote:

I isntalled the PO editor, it works quite well.

Which one? It would be good to keep tabs on which ones work well. I didn't have very good luck with POedit, but I didn't try that hard. gtranslator seemed nicer. LocFactory Editor is good too, but non-free and Mac OS X only.

any tcl/tk guru here? doesn tcl/tk documentation exist in several languages? that might help a bit, right? (I looked briefly for something, but couldn't find much)

There are some people here who know enough Tcl. But I don't think Tcl knowledge is needed for any translations. What's the question?

.hc

Yes, the English terms are the keys, don't change them. A good editor program should make that apparent, that one reason to use a PO editor instead of a text editor.

Also, if you want the text to be the same as the english text, leave the entry blank, and it'll do the right thing.

.hc