Looks like you downloaded the 64-bit version.  See my previous mail in this
thread about the 64-bit version.

.hc

On Feb 18, 2012, at 1:44 PM, Mike Moser-Booth wrote:

> Hey Hans,
>
> I'm on OSX 10.5, and I'm getting this at startup:
>
> /Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20120217.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/tclpd/tclpd.pd_darwin:
> dlopen(/Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20120217.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/tclpd/tclpd.pd_darwin,
> 10): Library not loaded:
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Tcl
>  Referenced from:
> /Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20120217.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/tclpd/tclpd.pd_darwin
>  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>       /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Tcl: mach-o, but wrong
> architecture
> /Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20120217.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../startup/tclpd:
> can't load startup library'!
>
> For shits and giggles, I tried replacing the bad 8.5 folder that it
> does find with the one included in the Pd-extended-20120217.app
> package, and the error goes away. So, I'm guessing the
> @executable_path isn't set correctly?
>
> .mmb
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:
>>
>> http://at.or.at/hans/blog/2012/02/17/new-editing-feature-of-pd-extended-0-43-now-in-beta/
>>
>> The Pd-extended 0.43 release has been brewing an extra long time, about 18
>> months now, mostly because there are lots of big improvements, and we wanted
>> to make sure we got it right, so your patches all work, but the improvements
>> all shine. Its now solidly beta, so we’re looking for testers. Download a
>> nightly build to try here:
>>
>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/
>>
>> First off, the pd-gui side of Pd has been re-written from scratch. When you
>> run Pd, you are actually running two programs: pd is the core engine and
>> pd-gui is the GUI. Since basically all computers now come with multiple CPU
>> cores, this means that pd-gui will usually run on a separate CPU core than
>> pd, so they don’t step on each other’s toes. pd can entirely take over its
>> own core. If you want to make your patch use more CPU cores, then check out
>> the [pd~] object introduced in the last release (0.42.5).
>>
>> pd still handles some of the GUI stuff, but we are working on splitting that
>> out for the 0.44 release. That is a big chunk of work but it will also bring
>> big gains. In particular, it means that it will be possible for people to
>> write their own GUIs for Pd, covering not just the display of the patch, but
>> also the editing, and everything else. You like OpenFrameworks, python, iOS,
>> JUCE, Qt, etc.? Write your own pd-gui using the toolkit of your choice.
>> That’s the idea at least. That will take a solid chunk of work, so we are
>> looking for people to join that effort.
>>
>> There are so many ideas for making a better editing experience in Pd, this
>> release makes big strides to address the editing experience. There are new
> [...]

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling away in
three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-collar temp pool
day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf