I wrote:

> Joseph McAllister writes:
> > With a Kaf or Kaf-2 lens, use Pentax Function 9 set to 1, and "Single" focus
> > mode chosen, then depress the ML button before you hold the shutter release
> > in. The shutter won't fire until the camera is finished AF and auto-exposure
> > is set, and both are locked.

>  Now that could work.  I normally keep function 9 set to "0" but will try it
>  out.

 Well I tried it out and it was a no-go.  The camera took the photo even when
it was out of focus.  Setting function 9 to '1' just makes the camera focus
when you press ML, if the lens is set to AF.  If the lens is MF it has no effect.

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E.
email [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org