"David A. Mann" wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > Joseph McAllister writes:
> > > With a Kaf or Kaf-2 lens, use Pentax Function 9 set to 1, and "Single" focus
> > > mode chosen, then depress the ML button before you hold the shutter release
> > > in. The shutter won't fire until the camera is finished AF and auto-exposure
> > > is set, and both are locked.
>
> >  Now that could work.  I normally keep function 9 set to "0" but will try it
> >  out.
>
>  Well I tried it out and it was a no-go.  The camera took the photo even when
> it was out of focus.  Setting function 9 to '1' just makes the camera focus
> when you press ML, if the lens is set to AF.  If the lens is MF it has no effect.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Dave

I didn't say you didn't have to be quick to get it to work!  :-)
Ok, try this:

Put the focusing ring in manual position, leave the focusing mode switch in Single,
but grab the focusing ring and don't
let go until your subject is where you want it.

(JoMac is not responsible for any damage to any camera used by anyone ever.)

--
JoMac, Imagineering Head
Image * I * Nation, the creative division of RMG Services NW