----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: Pancake Lens

> In a message dated 1/13/2001 11:48:09 PM Eastern Standard
Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > Perhaps people are finding out how bad it is
>
> C'mon, Bill, it really isn't ~that~ bad...  (It's just
overpriced.)

I bow to your wisdom, Fred. It is the nicest body cap I have
ever owned, I suppose.<G> Actually, It is a lens I love to
malign. We all have out vices. Others malign the M28mm f 2.8, or
the M85mm f2. I like both of them. It is WAY over priced in the
US market. In the Canadian market, it goes from realistically
priced (remember, I bought my two for an average price of
CAN$12.50 each) to the one Bucky was discussing at a hundred
Can$. I think that is likely a more reasonable value range. I
have seen them for as much as US$295.00, which if my math is
accurate (as if it ever is) would be close to the price of a
nice house in Canadian dollars.
Bill

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.