At 05:22 16.1.2001 -0600, Mike wrote:

>Here's another think, more based in the reality of the camera industry:
>
>Once upon a time, the American market was the be-all and end-all of the
>Japanese camera companies, and everything we wanted, they fell over
>themselves to make. Now, the American market is relatively less important
>than the world market and the home (Japanese) market, and it's relatively
>unaffected by corporate responsiveness anyway, PLUS the SLR market has
>become only a tiny fraction of the parent company's camera profit picture.
>Upshot? They just don't listen to us, period. They don't need to. Japanese
>companies haven't been heeling to the beck and call of the American consumer
>for some time now. Our day is done.

Pentax-discuss is an international mailing list and as such it is a really good
collection of different opinions of Pentax customers worldwide.

Maybe the American customers don't count any more, but a good collection of
customers from all over the globe do.

Pentax (Japan) will surely monitor this list just like they did monitor
the original one. Whether they laugh at our stupidity in the coffee (or tea)
table or take our opinions as facts for future development is an entirely
different story though...

Regards,
Antti-Pekka
from Finland

---
* Antti-Pekka Virjonen * Fiskarsinkatu 7 D       * GSM: +358 400 789753 *
* Computec Oy Turku    * FIN-20750 Turku Finland * Fax: +358 2 413 7777 *

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.