Otis wrote:

> I agree, most new products are released for this purpose, but how do you do this if
>you don't compete with the major players?

Then you have the potential of doing much better. All (at least most) wildy sucessful
products (camera included) have been original designs different from the competition.
By making eg. a Nikon/Canon clone, the only thing you really achieve is preventing
Pentax users to buy a Nikon/Canon. This can of course be good enough excuse. I believe
this was what pretty much happen with the Z-1p; too similar to a Minolta or a Canon to
really make an impact outside the Pentax camp.

Pål

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.