Robert VanNatta wrote:

> If perspective is an issue---this implies that the subject is not flat.   If
> the subject is not flat
> then using a lens specially corrected for flatness of field -- the feature of a
> dedecated macro lense
> is not important.   This implies that using a  standard prime lense is
> acceptable for this endeavor.

Um, the other feature of a macro lens is close-focusing. You can get
some very cool effects by getting up real close with a wide angle.

The 'look' of a 100mm macro is the one we're most familiar with, trying
other focal lengths can be quite liberating.

tv
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.