On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:33:32 -0800, Robert VanNatta wrote:

>If perspective is an issue---this implies that the subject is not flat.   If
>the subject is not flat
>then using a lens specially corrected for flatness of field -- the feature of a
>dedecated macro lense
>is not important.   This implies that using a  standard prime lense is
>acceptable for this endeavor.

Well, I don't completely agree with that. Sure, flatness of field is an important
issue for a macro, but so is overall sharpness, contrast and minimal distortion
at magnifications close to 1:1. And of courcse the ability to focus at that kind
of magnifications without neededing other gadgets ...

Regards, JvW