The Kodak papers are commonly available and come in a
variety of surfaces.  The "N" (matte) and glossy surfaces
will give you sime nice images.

Others with more experience can speak to contrast,
etc., of the various brands and paper series.

Collin

At 01:07 PM 1/21/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
><snip>
>However I am overwhelmed by the choice of papers and chemicals for papers.
>Any suggestions for the first paper to start with and the chemicals to go
>with it?
>
>thanks,
>
>Erwin

"The accumulation of all powers legislative,
executive and judiciary in the same hands . . .
may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."

--James Madison, Federalist 47

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.