Yesterday I printed some photos through a piece of stretched out black
pantyhose, and I rather like the result for diffusion while maintaining
details (the fact that during printing the shadows bleed instead of the
highlights was unnoticeable in these shots).  But, I can't very well dodge
and burn while holding the pantyhose, so I thought I'd try some softnet
filters for the lens.  Trouble is, nowhere is it marked on the lens or in
the manual what the filter size is.  Does anybody know?  The manual says
39mm screw thread, but I'm sure that's for mounting to the lensboard.

Thanks,
Ed
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.